Atelier Via Serica (AVA) is an omnichannel marketing and sales platform that helps emerging artists and designers navigate the business side of building their brand. AVA is a member of the Propel Incubator of Western University and work closely with Fashion Zone of Ryerson University and the Toronto Fashion Incubator. AVA is currently bringing emerging Asian artists and designers to Canada and the U.S. to help them build their brand presence and increase revenue. AVA has been invited to cover New York Fashion Week and is working with the Cultural Ministry of China and Korea to promote international creators.
Editorial Contributor Opportunity
AVA is looking for students to join as volunteer contributors to our online business editorials. Students will be provided an opportunity to develop their knowledge of the fashion industry and work alongside industry professionals. Students will independently contribute under the guidance of industry insiders from financial institutions and Canadian retailers. Working alone or as a pair, students will develop ideas and write business articles. Writers will also conduct interviews with creators to help translate and promote their creative ethos. The editorial will be shared across social media and potentially featured in printed journals in collaboration with our public institution sponsors. All contributors will be credited for their work. In the field opportunities include covering fashion shows, art gallery showcases, public events, as well as TV broadcasts.
We are a highly collaborative team that is open to new strategies and ideas. The AVA team will support the candidate in exploring their career within the industry and help them build their experience.
- Develop ideas for articles.
- Report progress to editorial team and industry insider.
- Work with editorial team to determine publication schedule.
- Research industry trends and interview industry professionals.
- Submit articles by the deadline.
- Act as an alias for AVA at fashion shows, art exhibitions, and other industry events.
- Interview designers, artists, and industry professionals.
- Represent AVA in a professional manner.
What We Are Looking For:
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Strategy, and/or Operations
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Fluency in second language is an asset (ex. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French).
- Engage with key opinion leaders within the industry
- Access to exclusive events (ex. Fashion Week, Speaker Panels, etc.)
- Build your resume with published work in a professional setting
- Explore your interest within the fashion industry
Please write an objective statement letting us know why you are interested in the fashion/art industries (Max 200 words).
Email your Objective Statement, Resume, and an example of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Editorial Contributor Application - First Name Last Name”. Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis starting March 22nd. Early submission is recommended.