Atelier Via Serica (AVA) is an omnichannel marketing and sales platform that helps emerging artists and designers navigate the business side of building their brand. AVA is a member of the Propel Incubator of Western University and work closely with Fashion Zone of Ryerson University and the Toronto Fashion Incubator. AVA is currently bringing emerging Asian artists and designers to Canada and the U.S. to help them build their brand presence and increase revenue. AVA has been invited to cover New York Fashion Week and is working with the Cultural Ministry of China and Korea to promote international creators.
AVA is looking for individuals interested in helping emerging artists and designers. Volunteer will develop and execute photo and video shoots. Working in a team, candidates will be provided an opportunity to take charge of their work and execute them from start to finish. Candidates will work alongside the studio team to create dynamic visuals. Candidates will also perform behind the scenes and interview shoots to help translate and promote emerging artists and designer's creative ethos. Works will be shared across social media and potentially featured in printed journals in collaboration with published journals with our public institution sponsors. All contributors will be credited for their work.
- Develop photo and video concepts.
- Set-up spaces for photo and video shoots.
- Locate and book venues for shoots.
- Acquire and transport clothing and artworks.
- Ensure that AVA’s creators’ visions are translated.
- Document events and activities.
- Edit photos and videos.
- Represent AVA in a professional manner.
What We Are Looking For:
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and/or Lightroom.
- Preference for students studying in Media, Photography, Videography, Graphic Design, and Visual Arts.
- Fluency in second language is an asset: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French
Please write an objective statement letting us know why you are interested in joining Atelier Via Serica (Max 200 words). Email your Objective Statement, Resume, and 3 examples of past work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Position of Interest_First Name_Last Name”. Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Early submission is recommended.