Atelier Via Serica (AVA) is an omnichannel marketing and sales platform that helps emerging artists and designers navigate the business side of building their brand. AVA is a member of the Propel Incubator of Western University and work closely with Fashion Zone of Ryerson University and the Toronto Fashion Incubator. AVA is currently bringing emerging Asian artists and designers to Canada and the U.S. to help them build their brand presence and increase revenue. AVA has been invited to cover New York Fashion Week and is working with the Cultural Ministry of China and Korea to promote international creators.
AVA is looking for individuals to join as a volunteer to model clothing for emerging and established designers. Candidates will be provided an opportunity to help promote international art and culture. Candidates will work alongside the studio team to create dynamic visuals. Photos and videos will be used in printed journals, online promotions, and shop windows. Models may also have the opportunity to work with our public institution sponsors as well as at events. All contributors will be credited for their work. We value diversity in our models across body types, race, and styles.
- Help develop photo and video concepts.
- Ensure that AVA’s creators’ visions are translated.
- Model for photo and video shoots.
- Act as an alias for AVA at fashion shows, art exhibitions, and other industry events.
- Represent AVA in a professional manner.
What We Are Looking For:
- Comfortable in front of a camera.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- Print or event modeling experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of makeup application.
- Fluency in second language is an asset.
Please submit the following:
1. Briefly outline your interest in AVA, the industry, and experience (up to 300 words).
2. Your photo portfolio. Photo portfolio must include a headshot and full body (front, back, and sides). Photo Portfolio must have at least 20 photos across four aesthetics (ex. Formal, Semi-Formal, Intimate, Casual, etc.).
3. Complete sizing and styling at Model Profile (Click Here).
Email your Portfolio, Resume, and sizing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Model Application_First Name_ Last Name ”. Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Early submission is recommended.