Atelier Via Serica (AVA) is an omnichannel marketing and sales platform that helps emerging artists and designers overcome business obstacles in building their brand. We offer services including wholesale agency, portfolio curation, event executions, and business advisory. AVA is a member of the Propel Incubator of Western University and work closely with Fashion Zone of Ryerson University and the Toronto Fashion Incubator. AVA has been invited to cover New York Fashion Week and is working with the Cultural Ministry of China and Korea to promote international creators.
AVA is looking for passionate individuals to help coordinate the launch of a business of fashion event on a volunteer basis. The event will be held during the summer and consist of speaker panels and business consulting sessions. The goal of the event is to build business acumen and provide networking opportunities for individuals interested in the industry. Candidates will have opportunities to create a vision, network with industry insiders, challenge themselves, and execute their ideas.
We are a highly collaborative team that is open to new strategies and ideas. The AVA team will support the candidate in exploring their career within the industry and help them build their experience.
- Lead the development of an event concept.
- Network with industry influencers including speakers and sponsors.
- Co-ordinate event execution.
- Launch associated marketing strategies.
- Represent AVA in a professional manner.
- Additional ad-hoc projects in association to the successful launch of the events.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience coordinating events.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Interested in developing creative solutions.
- Outgoing disposition and comfort with the public.
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple project deadlines.
- Knowledge of the fashion and retail business.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Graphic design knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset (ex. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French).
- Opportunity to engage with key decision makers at fashion houses, retailers, boutiques, and industry movers.
- Build your industry network.
- Access to exclusive events (ex. Fashion Week, Speaker Panels, etc.).
- Gain experience in a highly independent role.
- Explore a career within the fashion industry.
Please submit the following:
1. A brief introduction outlining your interest in AVA, the industry, and experience (up to 200 words).
Email your Introduction and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Event Coordinator- First Name Last Name ”. Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis starting March 22nd. Early submission is recommended.